Peer Mentor Program
The Peer mentor Program, sponsored by the Department of Athletics and founded in 1996, is a mentoring program offered to first-year student-athletes at Lafayette College.
The purpose of the program is to guide and assist first-year student athletes in adjusting to the rigors of college life while participating in intercollegiate athletics
Peer Mentors are upper-class student athletes who have undergone an interview and selection process. These student leaders attend extensive training in working with their peers and are closely monitored and supervised by the Coordinator for Student Athlete Support Services.
- Deal with all aspects of a student’s transition to college in order to increase academic success
- Are a positive role model
- Provide Academic Enhancement Workshops for first year athletes
- Provide weekly contact between assigned students and mentors
- Provide weekly reports to ATTIC and coaches
- Advise students of the resources available at Lafayette
2013- 2014 Peer Mentors