Lafayette College is committed to ensuring reasonable accommodations to students who are substantially limited by a documented disability. Lafayette students with physical, psychological, and/or learning disabilities have met the same competitive requirements for admission as all other Lafayette students. Once admitted, students may request support services in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1992 (ADA).
All requests for support services are to be forwarded to Rebecca Brenner, Academic, Disability Services Coordinator, Scott Hall 312.
- To not be denied access to a program offered by the College due to a disability
- To receive reasonable accommodations that provide equal opportunity to learn and demonstrate knowledge
- To not be counseled toward more restrictive career objectives
- To receive assistance from Disability Services in removing physical, academic, and attitudinal barriers to participation and learning
- To not be discriminated against due to a disability or receive retaliatory discrimination
- To identify himself/herself to Disability Services
- To provide acceptable documentation of a disability
- To provide a minimum of a two-week notice for all major accommodation requests (e.g. textbooks on tape, interpreters; special accommodations of equipment may require more time)
- To initiate requests for accommodations by discussing the letter of verification of disability with faculty within the first two weeks of the semester
- To provide one-week notice to the instructor prior to each exam requiring accommodations
- To assume personal responsibility for meeting with faculty, requesting assistance through supplemental services such as the College Writing Program and peer tutoring, and meeting the College’s standards
- To provide for one’s personal independent living needs or other personal disability-related needs (i.e. personal attendants, professional tutors, etc.)
- Mar 3 Peer Tutor Orientation
- Mar 7 Online timesheets for student employees due for ATTIC Staff approval.
- Apr 4 Online timesheets for student employees due for ATTIC Staff approval.
- May 2 Online timesheets for student employees due for ATTIC Staff approval.
- May 23 Online timesheets for student employees due for ATTIC Staff approval.
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5098
Fax: (610) 330-3065