Academic Support and Enrichment
All services and programs are free to Lafayette students.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a student-led, collaborative learning opportunity available for many academically demanding courses. The SI leader is a student who previously excelled in the course and works closely with the course professor to design materials and review sessions that support student learning. Students, who regularly participate in SI, learn how to integrate course content and study strategies while working with their classmates. The SI Leader and tentative schedule are introduced in classes that utilize this enrichment option during the first or second week of classes.The SI Leader’s connection to the professor and course expectations make SI the preferred support option for courses in which it is offered. Individual Peer Tutoring is NOT generally available for courses in which an SI is available without approval from the Director of the ATTIC. The SI schedule for each semester may be found here:
Drop in Labs
Drop in Labs are staffed by SI Leaders and advanced peer tutors and take place throughout the week at convenient times. Students may ‘drop in’ when they have questions about the material or if they require a brief review of an important concept. The peer tutor works with students on a one to one, first-come, first serve basis. The schedule of Drop In labs may be found here:
Individual Peer Tutoring is available for most 100/200 level that do not already have a preferred support option available. The ATTIC also offers peer tutoring for some 300/400 level courses with collaboration with specific faculty.
In order to request a tutor please complete the Tutor Request Form.
Other Academic Support/Enrichment Options
Additional specific assistance is available through the following programs that are NOT administered through the ATTIC.
- Writing – Students needing assistance with a writing course or the writing process should visit the College Writing Center. Visit the College Writing Program for hours, location, and services.
- Math – The math department runs a free tutoring service for students in Math 125, 141, 161, 162, 263, and 186 (Applied Statistics). Drop in for help at Pardee 218. Visit Calculus Cavalry for days and hours.
- All other requests – If your tutoring needs do not fall into one of the categories listed above, please complete the Tutor Request Form.
- Oct 6 ITTPC - Session Management, Philosophy, Policies & Ethics
- Oct 8 ITTPC - Active Listening & Paraphrasing
- Oct 16 ITTPC - Practical strategies to identify and mitigate learning weaknesses
- Oct 16 ITTPC - Effective Communication, Active Listening & Paraphrasing
- Oct 19 ITTPC - Effective Communication, Active Listening & Paraphrasing
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
Phone: (610) 330-5098
Fax: (610) 330-3065